Friday, March 3, 2017

Progress...well sort of

Normal progress this week was stifled because of my own errors. I was supposed to create new spheroids on the past Monday, but I over-diluted my cells, meaning I had to wait until this Thursday to create the new spheroids. During the week, I pictured the old cells, and watched them grow. Over time, the cells have grown into more of a sphere shape, as they should. I will learn how to take the length measurements of them soon. As mentioned in the previous post, drug experimentation will take place later. For now, the focus is on developing new spheroids succesfully.

2 comments:

  1. Your research seems really cool! I'm just curious, approximately how long does it take to fully develop a spheroid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not entirely sure, because I have yet to fully develop one yet, but they grow to a sphere of a 1 mm radius by around 1.5-2 weeks

      Delete