Monday, March 13, 2017

Steps in the Right Direction

For the first time last week, I have developed spheroids on my own. Now, we are going to measure their size changes over time. This is also a difficult process, involving a process called ImageJ, which I will need to learn separately. Analysis of spheroids is the purpose of this project, and Dr. Noel is showing me new ways in which to analyze them. Size analysis is considered an experiment of its own, because we are retrieving data we never found before. The use of the SeaHorse machine, which measures metabolic processes of these cells, is currently delayed because of scheduling issues here at TGen, but will be done shortly. Cell maintenance (e.g. splitting) is continuing as normal. So far, the project as a whole is making good progress and I will see what direction it takes as it develops in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment